Saturday, March 10, 2012

New stuff

Happy Saturday!  It's bright and sunny here today, a bit windy and cold, but that's ok because tomorrow it's supposed to warm up. Yay 65°(18°C for those of you outside the US)!  I happened to be in the right place at the right time earlier this week and found a great tatting gem:
An awesome collection of heart patterns. Ten very interesting patterns and bits of poetry by a fellow Michigander, Betty J. Goetgeluck.  She uses the usual rings, chains, and split rings plus some directional tatting, too.  The patterns grabbed my interest in a way that led me to to tat two of the patterns without getting or looking up one time, which is not normal for me AT ALL.  My usual is to sit down for five or six minute to tat then get up and do something else, come back and tat for a few, etc., etc., etc.  

 I don't know if the book is still in print as it is self published and has a copyright date of  1997.   I'll be showing more in the days to come.  Sitting on the cover are two that I just completed.  A close up!
On the left is 'December Heart' tatted with size 20 'Marina' HDT by LadyShuttleMaker and on the right is 'Heart of Life's Path' using size 40 'Rhubarb Pie' from Yarnplayer.  Click on the pics to make them larger for a closer look.  That wrinkly thing they are sitting on is the footstool in front of my tattin'/crochetin' chair.  Well, I'm off to go for a run, that is, if the wind doesn't blow me away.  Have a great day and don't forget to turn the clocks AHEAD one hour tonight.  Daylight Saving Time begins.  Yay Spring!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I don't have that book, but it looks like one that I'd love to own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now that IS a gem! Thank you for sharing....and thank you for showing off your HDT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!
    jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!!! Love the gorgeous colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete