Sunday, September 16, 2012

Almost Autumn

Hi friends!  Our scorching hot summer is now a thing of the past and now it's time for bonfires, punkin pickin', and cider mills!  It's taken me almost my entire life to appreciate this season for its beauty, so I don't begrudge winter's coming anymore.  After doing almost nothing all summer, I now have a bad case of startitis!  Two crochet afghan, a tatted doily, and some cross stitch pieces in the works.  I even managed to finish a couple things.  How 'bout that?

 Ignore the last few unfinished stitches on this one!  It is done, just needs framing which will get done today.  It's a freebie by the Primitive Needle, 'By The Light Of The Moon'.  I used GAST and WDW threads on 28 ct. Khaki linen. 


And here is 'Buttons Black' from Plum Street Samplers.  I did this one on 28 ct. Mushroom evenweave, over one with one strand of floss.  The picture is a bit overexposed due to the sun popping out just as I took the pic.  It's a teeny 3.5" x 4.25".  It's also my first time mounting and framing a FO.  I think I did a pretty good job!  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be at all.  Usually, I just pass them off to someone else to finish for me.  No more!

As for tatting, I see 'Doodadmania' is sweeping over the tatting community!  With that in mind, some doodads I recently found at the craft store.  Pattern suggestions, anyone?

  I'll be back soon.  Off to enjoy the rest of this sunny Sunday afternoon.  There is an art fair in the park and Oktoberfest is going strong today.  Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment