Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ahoy mateys!

Twenty-two months since I last posted. That's sad....and lazy of me. But, here I am to say I'm still alive!  The last eighteen months or so have been rough health wise. Tendinitis in elbows severely limited how much tatting I've been able to do(none).  Then I injured my lower back and right hip. I couldn't sit for more than ten minutes at a time.  I had to lie on my back with a small pillow under my right knee to alleviate the pain.  But standing for hours on end didn't bother me a bit. Just sitting. Go figure.

 Not being able to much drove me nuts. In desperation, I even tried to crochet while lying on my back.   That was a no-go.  So I whittled down my To-Be-Read stack of books and stalked you all on your blogs!  Happy to say I can tat now. I've done a few simple snowflakes to get back into the swing of it. Right now, I'm most comfortable with size 20 thread, but I'll be back to my fave size 80 soon!  

From what I've seen on InTatters/Craftree, the latest craze is a HUGE Jan Stawasz doily. I'm gonna do that. Oh, yes I am. I've already tracked down a copy of Moje Robotki, now to choose a thread color. I want it to be huge so I'm going with size 20. To warm up, I'm currently working on Doily XIV from Jan's 'Tatted Treasures'. I've gotten really good at opening rings so I don't have to snip off my tons of mistakes, too!  His designs are so beautiful. I was very sad to read of his passing.


I'm using a couple Lizbeth threads plus a Flora thread for the final round. It's my intention to use as much stash as possible before buying more. Of course, I've said that a eleventy-billion times, too.   So enough for now. I'm gonna finish this up, rest my arms, then pick up the shuttles again later his week.

Oh, one other thing.  My faithful little pick up truck finally died, so it was new vehicle time for the first time in thirteen years. After weeks and weeks of test driving I settled on....wait for it.........
a Nissan Cube!  Ahahahahahahaha!  The weirdest car ever, but it's totally me and I love it. The employee discount and rebates were added bonuses.

                                                         Aerodynamics are overrated.

Have a good week!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back with a post instyle! I love the colors that you choose for doily xiv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Beautiful doily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're able to tat again. I have a friend who crochets lying down, but I don't know how she does it. The pink is looking spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to read a post from you again! Your doily is looking great. I've been looking over JS's books as I tat. The more I look at his patterns, the more I think I understand his style. Just think of all the tatting supplies you can stash in your new car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhh, your doily start is gorgeous!!!!! :) Looks like an awesome flower(which would be pretty in a circle frame(if one could be found) and hung on the wall!!!!! :) Can't wait to see the rest of your doily!!! :)
    So glad you can tat again!!!

    ReplyDelete