Sunday, February 22, 2015

So it begins...

Busy, busy, busy. This weekend is the first time in more than a week I've been able to work the shuttles. I got caught up on Renulek's WIOSNA 2015, rounds three, four, and five. I threw in a third color to liven it up. It really pops now! 
 

Next up, I took the plunge and started on the Jan Stawasz Mega Doily.  Originally, I was going with Antique Blue Medium, but went with Country Turquoise Medium instead. Gorgeous and a much better choice. I may use another shade for contrast. 


If the first round is any indication, this is going to be a long project. After three false starts, I finally completed it with no incorrect joins, missing rings, or knots in the core thread. Round Two took two attempts also. Good thing I bought a lot of thread from Handy Hands last week. 


Well, that's it for now. Until next time, enjoy your week and keep warm!

5 comments:

  1. Both look great! I love the pop of color in Renulek's Spring Doily. I have some catching up to do... I only have one flower tatted on the fifth round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, love what you have done with both doilies it is fun to have so many colors on hand, I am enjoying seeing all the different combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a lot of tatting in your future with two large doilies in the works. Love the colors on both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both doilies are looking wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, both!

    Absolutely love the turquoise piece’s colour combos. It is going to be fantastic. : )

    ReplyDelete